Current Opportunities With Us
Program Manager, Experiential Learning
The Bloomberg Center for Public Innovation at Johns Hopkins University (the Center) seeks to hire a Program Manager, Experiential Learning for its experiential learning portfolio that introduces students to career and project opportunities in public innovation. The Center aims to advance the field of public sector innovation by marrying cutting-edge practice with world class research to transform the culture of government, deliver exceptional results for residents, and inspire trust in public service.
Reporting to the Academic Director, the Academic Program Manager for Experiential Learning works with students, university staff, and local government partners to collaboratively design, deliver, and scale experiential learning programming for the next generation of public sector innovators.
The Center is committed to working with communities that are focused on ending legacies of structural, entrenched racism and oppression. You must be willing to think about reimagined government, knowledge, and engagement models through the lens of dismantling these legacies.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Define and document experiential learning program scope, objectives, activities, milestones, and outcomes based on partner needs, student interest, and Center resources.
- Create long- and short-term plans for experiential learning opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students that leverage the Center’s programs to inspire the next generation of public sector innovators.
- Coordinate multi-partner engagement in collaborative design and delivery of programming, including internships, workshops, and mentoring, to advance the university’s novel approach to career readiness and life design
- Develop collaborative relationships with the university’s divisions to foster student enthusiasm, spur recruitment, guide program success, and establish a reputation for the Center as providing the university’s best experiential offerings.
- Serve as a point of contact at the Center for students and student programming staff and affiliates.
- Provide project updates to partners and manage expectations.
- Maintain proactive and feedback channels with executives, colleagues, and internal and external partners.
- Prepare project status reports, risk management assessments, and other program lifecycle reports and documentation.
- Create and communicate routine and periodic updates, such as bulletins, meeting summaries, and presentations for Center leadership, university divisions, and local government partners.
- Create briefings, presentations, and talking points about the Center’s experiential learning programs for a variety of audiences.
- Assess client needs, identify the resource best positioned to meet them, and activate internal subject matter experts or external partners.
- Adjust schedules and targets as situations may require ensuring project goals are met.
- Promote cooperation with teams across the Center to propose and develop sustainable and innovative solutions.
- Execute special projects, as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to collect and combine information and provide summary reports.
- Ability to work both cooperatively within a team.
- Ability to work with internal staff and partners.
- Enjoys developing relationships and connections with multiple partners at once.
- Comfort with technology and able to use systems and collaboration tools, including Asana, Calendly, and Miro.
- A commitment to a collegial workplace.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in education or specific field related to program.
- Five year’s experience in all aspects of academic program administration. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Additional experience may substitute for education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
Classified Title: Academic Program Manager
Job Posting Title (Working Title): Program Manager, Experiential Learning
Starting Salary Range: Min $64,000 – Max $112,200 Annually ($105,000 targeted; Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Homewood Campus
Department name: Ctrs for Govt Excellence & Public Innova
Personnel area: Academic and Business Centers
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University’s good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees’ health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate’s conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. The COVID-19 vaccine does not apply to positions located in the State of Florida. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.