Current Opportunities With Us
Love Your Block AmeriCorps VISTA Leader
The Bloomberg Center for Public Innovation at Johns Hopkins is seeking an AmeriCorps VISTA Leader to be based out of the Bloomberg Center for Public Innovation at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. The VISTA Leader will offer coaching, professional development, and technical assistance to a cohort of Love Your Block AmeriCorps VISTA members and Summer Associate VISTAs. The VISTA Leader will report to a Senior Advisor.
VISTA Leader responsibilities include:
- Support recruitment and orientation of highly qualified VISTAs as needed
- Conduct regular check-in calls with each VISTA member
- Participate in check-in calls with Love Your Block program leads in grantee cities
- Foster a community of practice among VISTA members by hosting webinars, developing resources, and facilitating group calls
- Provide project management support for grantee cities, including assistance with metrics and photo collection, reporting, and planning
- Manage VISTA administrative record keeping, including paid time off, monthly reports, call notes, and other items as needed
- Ensure that VISTA members collect and document project metrics and photos from mini-grant projects
- Share VISTA members’ work with a broader audience through a monthly newsletter, written reports, and other mediums
- Provide tools, techniques, and guidance to enhance project stability and sustainability
- Make recommendations to improve the existing Love Your Block program systems and processes
Duration and Compensation
This is a one-year, full-time AmeriCorps VISTA commitment commencing on January 16, 2024. A living stipend and an additional end-of-service award are provided contingent on the successful completion of the service year. The award is either a cash stipend of $1,800 or an education award of $6,895. Relocation assistance is provided if needed. In addition, a $250 monthly food stipend benefit is offered through the Johns Hopkins University dining services, plus a modest transportation benefit.
- Must have completed at least 1 year of full-time service (AmeriCorps or Peace Corps)
- Associate degree or higher preferred. Applicants without a college degree are encouraged to apply if they have 5 years or more of related work experience
- Experience working in community engagement preferred (more specifically, we are interested in candidates with experience in communications, conducting community outreach, and facilitating training sessions)
- Bilingual with strong writing skills encouraged to apply.
- Click on the following link: AmeriCorps VISTA Leader Position
- Please visit https://my.americorps.gov/
- Click “Search Listings” (located under the login information)
- Select “AmeriCorps VISTA Leaders” for the Program Type
- Search for “Love Your Block” under Program Name
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. The COVID-19 vaccine does not apply to positions located in the State of Florida. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.