The Bloomberg Center for Public Innovation at Johns Hopkins University (the Center) is actively recruiting a Content Marketing Specialist to join its Communications Practice. The first of its kind, global Center aims to advance the field of public sector innovation by marrying cutting-edge practice with world class research to transform the culture of government, deliver exceptional results for residents, and inspire trust in public service.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the selected candidate will support the Centers expanding communications efforts by focusing on strategic marketing, content performance, social media and managing supporting technologies. The ideal candidate will have prior experience designing performance-focused communications and marketing for growing and results-focused organizations.
The Center is committed to addressing structural and entrenched racism and recognizes the public sector’s role in perpetuating these legacies. We are looking for candidates committed to dismantling structural and entrenched racism and addressing these issues, both as we build a new organization and advance this work in communities.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Content Performance Analytics and Management – 40%
- Lead the Search Engine Optimization of websites and optimization of digital tools by leveraging and growing a suite of leading industry tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Yoast)
- Provide content management and online advertising support for websites, content campaigns, learning management systems, email programs, and other digital outreach.
- Analyze, monitor, and manage reporting and improvement recommendations for web related products and tools including, but not limited to, websites, email, automated marketing alerts, landing pages, social media, and online advertising.
- Deliver user-level analytics, to support and advance marketing, program delivery, tool design, and product development.
- Provide competitive analyses of web products and tool performance.
- Contribute to the strategic content and product roadmaps by making content recommendations that ensure quality, accuracy, accessibility, and strategic alignment across web platforms.
- Coordinate the delivery of multimedia content assets with vendors and external stakeholders who contribute to Center-operated media platforms.
Marketing Automation Management & Delivery – 25%
- Serve as a key contributor to global marketing campaigns and program launches.
- Oversee and execute automated marketing campaigns, nurturing programs, landing pages, and emails.
- Support marketing automation tool, list, and content management using leveraging leading industry tools (e.g., HubSpot, Pardot, Salesforce)
Content Project Coordination – 20%
- Solicit and respond to internal content management requests leveraging forms, email, project management tools, and effective process management.
- Coordinate activities and timelines across projects with diverse partners, including internal teams, vendors, philanthropic organizations, NGOs, and governments.
- Support internal and external partner editorial calendars by identifying development and staffing needs that support content delivery and product goals.
- Perform routine administrative functions as needed, including scheduling and document management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Documentation & Training – 15%
- Develop content for a training manual; produce process documentation including reporting routines for digital tools, products, and activities; create regular progress and status reports; and contribute to other reporting and documentation efforts as necessary.
- Research and train internal and external stakeholders on industry benchmarks and best practices to support competitive website and marketing performance.
- Provide content management support for websites, learning management systems, email programs, and other digital platforms.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and contributor to product vision and strategic planning processes.
- Create and maintain content management guides to ensure consistency between and within Center products.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience with user data analysis and reporting.
- Experience with Google Analytics (GA4) and other analytic tools.
- Experience managing public policy or data usage, especially for a non-technical audience.
- Experience using project management and collaboration tools such as Asana and Slack.
- High proficiency in WordPress, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, project management software, and virtual meeting platforms.
- Stays informed of industry best-practices for performance reporting and relevant online tools.
- Ability to organize workflow, prioritize and manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, think critically and creatively, and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly switch between priorities/tasks.
- Awareness of the need for timely communication, ability to identify potential barriers and strategies, and ability to synthesize and integrate information.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with peers and to interact with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to quickly collect and synthesize information and provide summary reports.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to set priorities and respond quickly as priorities change.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Two years related experience.
- Advanced degree may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Four years of related experience in website maintenance, search engine optimization, marketing automation, writing, research, marketing analysis, or related work